The Blue Jackets shocked Tampa Bay with a 7-3 win last night, completing a four-game sweep of the Lightning and getting the team’s first ever Stanley Cup Series win. It’s the first time a Presidents’ Trophy winner has been swept in the first round.
The game delivered a 9.83 HH rating (approx. 90,000 Columbus homes) on FOX Sports Ohio, highest ever in franchise history.
- Beating previous #1 rated game by +19% (8.27 HH on 4/21/2014 vs. Penguins)
- The rating peaked at a 13.78 HH
- The final hour of game play averaged a 12.46 HH rating
- The 9.83 HH rating is over six times the regular season average rating (1.61 HH), which was the third highest regular season rating in franchise history (see below)
- The 45-minute Blue Jackets Live postgame show delivered a 5.1 HH
The four-game series averaged a 6.48 HH.
Two of the top five rated CBJ games of all time have come this series:
- 9.83 HH on 4/16/2019 vs. Lightning
- 8.27 HH on 4/21/2014 vs. Penguins
- 8.08 HH on 4/26/2014 vs. Penguins
- 8.71 HH on 4/14/2019 vs. Lightning
- 8.02 HH on 10/7/2000 vs. Blackhawks – first CBJ game ever, simulcast with WBNS TV
FOX Sports Ohio is replaying the Game 4 win tomorrow, April 18, at 7 p.m.
Regular season rating perspective
Local Regular Season Ratings for Blue Jackets Games on FOX Sports Ohio 3rd Highest in Franchise History
FOX Sports Ohio’s 2018-19 Blue Jackets regular season averaged a 1.61 household rating in Columbus
- 3rd highest ever for the Jackets on FSO
- 2nd highest rated season is their 2008-09 season (1.86 HH), when the Jackets had their first playoff berth, and their highest rated season in franchise history remains the 2016-17 season (2.09 HH)
- Up +3% from last season’s 1.59 HH, the team’s 4th highest rated season of all time